Vietnam Visa on arrival is the type of visa picked up at Vietnam airports. This is the quickest and cheapest way to get your visa. You just need to fill in our "Online Application Form", pay the service fee and get your "Visa approval letter" within 2 working-days and pick up your visa at your destination airport (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport or Da Nang airport) upon your arrival. (See our guide to visa procedure at Vietnam airports)
Yes, it is. Visa on arrival is officially issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnamese Government Agent), it has same validity with the visa you get from Vietnamese embassy abroad. You can see "Visa on Arrival" is stated well in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam.
According to Vietnamese Immigration Law #24, 1999, clause #6, Chapter II, (http://www.mofa.gov.vn/)
The "Vietnam Visa approval letter" is a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry of Public Security) that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of the three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang).
Note: Vietnam visa approval letter is usually issued in group and therefore, you may find your name, passport number and date of birth in the same letter as other people.
You can either apply yourself by submitting the form to the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in your country or apply Vietnam visa on arrival with us.
Click here to get visa on arrival (for those traveling by air and picking up visa at airport).
Normally, after you finished your visa application and made your payment, you will get your visa approval letter via email within 2 working-days (standard service) and 2 to 4 working-hours (urgent service or rush service).
Note: the visa counter at Vietnam airport is 24/7 open so if you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airport on weekend.
You can check your Vietnam visa application processing status by two ways:
2. Check status
If your status shows:
- "Pending" status: Your application has finished, however your payment has not yet completed.
- "Processing" status: Your visa application is being processed.
- "Accepted" status: Your visa application has been processed successfully and the visa approval letter has been finished and uploaded on our site. You can download the approval letter and print it for your trip.
- "Denied" status: Your visa application is being denied and you will be refunded 100%.
- "Canceled" status: Your visa application is being canceled.
If you are in a hurry and you need to get a rush or urgent service to get your Vietnam visa, please follow these steps to get your visa approval letter within several working hours:
First: Send us your accurate information by Submitting the online application form to us (apply at Vietnam Visa Apply)
Secon: Please pay by credit card or Paypal when you submit apply online.
After receiving your rush visa request, we will contact with the Vietnam Immigration Department for your case, and inform you within 30 minutes about exactly when you will get your visa approval letter. You would get it within only 2 hours to 1 working-day from this via email.
Note: Rush visa/Urgent service is only applied for Vietnam visa on arrival, and will be stamped at Vietnam international airports (Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat or Da Nang Airport).
It's very simple. Please follow 3 simple steps:
- Print your Vietnam visa approval letter together with entry & exit form (fill in it before getting to Vietnam).
- Take visa approval letter, passport, 2 passport-sized photos, entry and exit form, and stamping fee with you to show at Vietnam airports.
- Queue and show your documents at arrival counter. You can expect the process to take about 15 minutes total and get your visa.
It depends on how many people are arriving at the same time as you and who also need a visa on arrival. The wait time hardly exceeds 30 minutes and is usually around 10 minutes. Make sure you have all required documents ready to avoid delay.
Each visa application option offers you some advantage. Visa on Arrival is especially beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies and do not wish to send their passports away by mail. The other advantages of Visa on Arrival include faster processing, cost-saving and more efficient payment methods.
Compare between Visa on Arrival with Visa at Embassy
Vietnam Visa at Embassy means "Visa Approval Code". The code to be given to Vietnam visa applicants for them to base on it to get the Vietnam visa stamped onto their passport at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in their country. This means those applicants will get their visa before traveling to Vietnam. It is not to get Visa upon arrival.
No! This type of visa is applicable to air travel only. Three (03) international airports in Vietnam that you can get your stamp with this approval letter are: Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Danang Airport (Danang).
If you want to entering Vietnam by land, please use our Vietnam Visa at embassy service.
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months. Therefore, please extend your passport or get a new one before applying for your visa.
No, not necessarily. The arrival date you provide should be the earliest you plan to arrive, but you can arrive after that date. The departure date is the last day you are permitted to be in the country, unless you get a visa extension.
For example: If you apply for a 1-month visa and submit your arrival date as Jan 1, 2014, the visa letter will be valid from Jan 1, 2014 to Feb 1, 2014. You can arrive anytime between Jan 1 - Feb 1 but must leave the country by Feb 1, 2014.
Note: The approval letter can not be amended once it is issued, so in case you wish to arrive earlier than the date stated on the approval letter. You are required to apply for a new letter of approval to update the date of arrival.
A Vietnam visa application can be applied for 1 day to 6 months in advance. Although it takes only 2-3 working days to get your visa approved, it is strongly advised that you apply for a visa to Vietnam from 1 - 2 weeks before your arrival date to avoid urgent fee or any unwanted problems.
Service fee (shall be paid in advance) + Stamping fee (pay in cash at Vietnam Immigration Officer at airports).
For detail information, please read our Vietnam visa fee.
Visa Service fee is the fee paid online to us before traveling with a view to getting your Visa Approval Letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. The prerequisite is that our company guarantees for you at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
Please read our service fee (price per person)
Visa stamping fee is the fee that must be paid directly to the Immigration Officer at your arrival airport or at embassy/consulate (for Visa at embassy). The stamping fee must be in cash, no credit cards are accepted.
Please read stamping fee at the airport (price per person)
You can pay for the approval letter after you submit your application. If you have problems with payment, email us at email@example.com and we will send you a link or instruction to follow in order to pay. Keep in mind that no application can be processed until the full payment is made.
If for any reason you wish to cancel your visa application before your order was changed to status of “Processing”, you can do so without any charges or penalties via email or phone. In such cases, a full refund will be given.
If for any reason you wish to cancel your visa application after your order was changed to status of “Processing”, no refund will be given and the service will be completed.
No refund will be given once your visa approval letter was approved by Vietnam Immigration and was delivered to your email based on notification titled “Your Visa Application has been accepted”.
No cancellation and no refund will be made in case you decline to get a visa approval letter containing incorrect details caused by mistakes from your side. We strongly recommend you check your visa confirmation letter against your passport and personal information prior to departure.
This visa is applicable to air travel only, so by applying through our website, you agree that you will fly to Vietnam in order to get your visa stamped at the arrival airports. We will not refund in case you DO NOT enter Vietnam by air once your visa approval letter is issued.
All the fees will be refunded in case your application is declined and depending on card issuers, the refund process may take 15-20 working days.
Visa on arrival works if you arrive at any of the three international airports: Tan Son Nhat (in Ho Chi Minh City), Noi Bai (in Hanoi) and Da Nang (in Da Nang). There is no problem with switching between these three airports.
No, you can not. In order to board the plane, you must show the approval letter to the airlines. This letter is also compulsory in order for you to get the visa at the Vietnam airport. Therefore, we recommend that you leave plenty of time to apply for the visa to avoid having to delay or change your flight.
No, you can not. You need to enter on exact or later date of arrival granted in your visa approval letter.
Yes, you can enter later than the granted arrival date in visa approval letter providing that you exit by granted exit date.
In most cases, a passport scan is not required for an online visa application. However, if the Immigration office wishes to verify the information you provide, you are required to send them a scan copy of your passport. In such cases, we will notify you by email immediately.
Yes, you do. However, photos are required upon arrival Vietnam's airports only, so please remember to bring at least 2 photos of standard passport size (04*06 cm).
Shortly after you submit your application, you should receive a confirmation email in the email address you provided us with. In this email, we confirm the information you entered earlier. If you find out any mistakes, please contact us right away by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not catch the mistake until later, you will have to re-apply for a new visa with the correct information.
- For single entry visa: You can enter and exit Vietnam 01 time. If you would like to re-enter you need to apply for multiple entry visa.
- For multiple entry visa: You can enter and exit Vietnam more than 01 time as you want during your visa validity.
We currently accept both Debit/Credit cards (Visa, Master, Amex, JCB, Union Pay, EuroCard, Diners Club ), PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer for our online approval letter service.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all information. To check our site's authenticity and to verify the validity of our secured communication and information exchange lines, please click on the lock at the address bar of your web browser.
Your credit card will be charged by TUN TRAVEL VIETNAM, the company managing all credit card transactions including GetVietnamVisa.com. If you have any questions regarding charges to your credit card, please contact our TUNG NGOC TRAVEL Support Center.
For Vietnamese overseas, we kindly advise as follows:
- Vietnamese overseas (Viet kieu) are offered Vietnam visa exemption to enter Vietnam. Please directly contact the Vietnam Embassy / Consulate in your area for "visa exemption letter". Please click here for more details http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn.
- If you would like to avoid hassle when chasing down embassy, and save your time, please apply for Vietnam visa online with us.
For questions such as: who is exempted from a visa, or obtaining Vietnamese visa in Laos, Cambodia or Thailand...etc, please visit our visa information center. Alternatively, you can ask and find your answers through Your Questions
You can also email us at email@example.com and one of our Customer Support members will reply within 2 hours during working-day and within 24 hours outside of office hours.
Notes: Though our working hours are from 8.00 to 17.30, the website service is available 24/7 and is systematically automated. Therefore, you can still apply for a visa even when it is midnight in Vietnam.
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa. All other citizens are required to get an entry visa before departure or a pre-approved entry visa (visa is issued upon arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam.
- Thailand passport holders (valid for 30 days)
- Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Lao, Philippines and Brunei passport holders (valid for 21 days)
- Korea, Japan, Russian & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland passport holders) (valid for 15 days)
- French diplomatic or official passport holders (90 days or several visits within 6 months)
- Chile diplomatic or official passport holders (less than 60 days)
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies (less than 60 days)
- Vietnam Visa exemption for visiting Phu Quoc Island: applied for foreigners and Vietnamese Nationals who hold foreign passport (15 days)
- Vietnamese oversea holding visa exemption certificate (less than 90 days).
Note: in order to get your visa exemption certificate, you should contact your nearest Vietnam Embassy/Consulate to get the letter. In case, you would like to avoid the hassle of getting this certificate, you can use your other passport (foreign passport) to apply for Vietnam Visa Fee with our Visa Application Service
1. Please send us the scan of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa to our email firstname.lastname@example.org then we will process it with Vietnam Immigration Department to check your information before extending/renewing your visa.
2. We will inform you whether your visa can be extended/renewed as visa extension varies for each case.
3. After that you need to bring these following documents to one of our offices:
* Your original passport.
* Temporary residence paper approved by the hotel where you live at or approved by local authorities where you live in (or ward’s Police Unit).
* If you are Vietnamese overseas or your current visa is separate visa, you need to prepare 2 passport sized-photos (4×6 cm) with a straight forward face.
Note: if you are in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi City, we can come in person to pick up your passport at your address on your request.
4. Wait some days to get your passport back together with your new stamped visa.
* You would better extend/renew your visa at least 1 week (for 3 months visa, preferably 2 weeks) before your visa is expired.
* Before you apply for visa extension, your passport must have 2 blank pages at maximum.
* We assist for those extend /renew visa for the first time.
* For tourist and business Visa, this visa extension/renewal is only applicable for 1 month or 3 months (single/ multiple).
* For Diplomatic, Official visas, and other types of visa should be applied through the official agencies or government or business sponsor or contact the Vietnam Immigration Department in person:
- In Hanoi: No. 40A Hang Bai Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- In Da Nang: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Street, Da Nang.
- In Hochiminh City (Saigon): No. 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
Local: +84 (4) 39230898
During working hours:
08:00 - 17:30 - Mon to Fri
09:00 - 15:30 - Sat & Sun
Hotline: +84 (90) 2188568